Travel restrictions in Illinois have eased as of Saturday, with many people able to travel to their nearest city, Chicago, and the rest of the state.

The state announced a partial ban on international flights Friday, and a partial lifting of state and local restrictions on Saturday, ending an ongoing battle over the size of the border fence.

Travel restrictions have eased at the US-Mexico border.

The border in Illinois has closed, but residents can still enter, the state said in a statement.

“The state of Illinois has temporarily suspended travel restrictions on all domestic and international flights,” Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner said in the statement.

“The State of Illinois will continue to enforce the current federal policy and will continue its work to secure our border, ensuring that the safety and security of all Illinoisans is protected.”

The state is still banning most travel to Chicago, but some restrictions will remain in effect, including restrictions on non-essential travel and the travel of family members and pets.

Residents can visit any Chicago city other than Chicago, including Evanston, Oak Park, and Schaumburg.

The state also banned the travel to and from Milwaukee.

More: More than 1.3 million people had already made arrangements for international flights between Illinois and Mexico by Saturday, the Department of Homeland Security said.

About 500,000 people have already made plans for travel, the department said.

“The State is not suspending the travel restrictions and will allow people to continue to travel,” DHS said.

The department has asked states to issue waivers to allow travel.

The U.S. Department of Transportation has also extended its temporary travel restrictions in the state to cover all international flights.

Illinois Governor Bruce the travel ban will remain for now.

Rauner says state will ‘continue to enforce’ policy: ‘The State will continue, in all likelihood, to enforce, the current policy and the enforcement of federal laws’Read moreThe federal government will remain at the top of its border-security efforts, said Michael B. Smith, acting acting acting assistant secretary for international migration and border protection.

Smith said the federal government’s decision to maintain its presence in Texas and New Mexico was “a signal that we are committed to continuing the policies and efforts to protect our border.”

“We are fully prepared to continue the federal actions and efforts as they continue,” Smith said.

In a statement, the White House said President Donald Trump will “continue to make every effort to secure the border and maintain the safety of the American people” and will be “continuing to work closely with our friends and allies.”

The White House did not respond to questions about why Trump has not been more aggressive in securing the border.